(c) Gabriel Spitzer (WBEZ)
Department of Ecology & Evolution
The University of Chicago
Phone: +1 (773) 702-7825
PhD University of Parma - Italy 2005 - Ecology
Laurea University of Parma - Italy 2001 - Environmental Sciences
- 2009- Assistant Professor, Department of Ecology & Evolution and Computation Institute, University of Chicago.
- 2007-2009 Postdoctoral Associate. National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis, University of California Santa Barbara.
- 2005-2007 Postdoctoral Fellow. Pascual Lab, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan.
- 2004-2005 Postdoctoral Fellow. Peacor Lab, Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, Michigan State University and NOAA GLERL.
- Editorial Board: Oikos (since 2009); F1000 Population Ecology (since 2011)
- Reviewer for more than 40 journals and funding agencies, including Nature, Science, PNAS, PLoS Biology, Ecology Letters, NSF.
- Panelist for NSF.
- University of Chicago, Board of Computing Activities and Services.
- 2008 - 2010 "The Spider and the Web: inference in ecological networks" $636,000. NSF Grant EF-0827493. PIs: M. Pascual and S. Allesina.
- 2010 - 2012 "Accelerating the pace of discovery by changing the peer review algorithm" $240,073. NSF EAGER Science of Science Policy-1042164. PI: S. Allesina.
- 2010 - 2015 "Bacteria test biodiversity theories" $449,817. James S. McDonnell Foundation. PI: S. Allesina Co-PI: J. Bergelson.